This week is National Credit Union Junior Savers Week and the aim is to encourage children to develop good saving habits for life and to encourage regular saving with their credit union.
Implementing good money habits for children early on helps them understand the importance of financial responsibility, budgeting and money management skills. Make sure to download our Savings Chart to help your child save and reach their savings goal.
Top Savings Tips for Children:
- Tip One: Set a Savings Goal. Ask children to decide what they’re saving for.
- Tip Two: Giving pocket money as Small Change makes it easier for children to save!
- Tip Three: Encourage Saving. Give extra money for good behaviour!
- Tip Four: Having a Piggybank or Credit Union account means your children can watch their savings grow!
- Tip Five: Help children Save Regularly so they can achieve their savings goal!
Why not open a Minor Account with Rathkeale & District Credit Union.
This will give them a sense of independence and responsibility.
To open an account for a minor, you need the following:
- Passport or a copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Proof of the child’s PPS number, e.g. medical card, government letter
- Proof of parents’ address, e.g. recent utility bill dated within the last six months
- Proof of parents’ ID, e.g. passport, recent utility bill dated within the last three months
Once your account is opened – enjoy it!. Make sure your child enters our annual competitions – Schools Quiz, Art Competitions. These are advertised on our social media, in schools and in our offices.
For further information, please call our office: 069 64444 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.